EnGenius DuraFon 1X Handset
DuraFon 1X Expansion Handset
Sorry, this product is no longer available, replaced by the DuraFon PSL or DURAFONPRO-HC.
The DuraFon long range cordless handset was designed for industrial environments that require a rugged portable handset. The DuraFon 1X-HC is an expansion or replacement handset that works only with the DuraFon 1X base unit. Maximum of (9) DuraFon 1 X-HC handsets are supported on a DuraFon 1X base.
For use with:
- DuraFon 1X System Only
- Designed for rugged industrial use
- Handset function as telephone and two-way radio
- Two-way radio function: full-duplex intercom or half duplex broadcast
- 4-Line liquid crystal display
- 2.5mm headset port
- (1) Desktop Charging Cradle w/AC Adaptor
- (1) Li-Ion Battery Pack
- (1) Low Profile Handset Antenna
- (1) Optimal Performance Handset Antenna
- (1) Belt Clip
|DuraFon 1X Feature Set|
Battery & Charger
Can a 1x handset work with a 920, 4x, or PRO base unit?
No. 1x is not compatible with any other systems.
Can I answer a second call coming through a secondary base while on a call with an initial base?
No. The DuraFon 1X handset can only utilize one connection at a time. Outside of the Telephone service provider's "Call Waiting" the only way to answer a second inbound call is to be free to connect. If you need this capability, we suggest using our multiline systems (DuraFon 4x and PRO)
How do I register a new DuraFon 1X handset to a base unit?
To register a new DuraFon 1X handset to a base unit, please follow the following instructions:
- Power the base unit
- Power the handset to be added
- On the handset, press MENU - 6
- On the Durafon 1X base unit, press and hold the REG button near the telephone line jacks
- All the LED lights should light up when registration mode is entered
- On the handset, press 1
- Handset will indicate successful registration and handset ID will have been assigned
- Press END to exit to main menu
How many handsets will each DuraFon 1X base unit support?
The EnGenius DuraFon 1X system will support 9 handsets per base.
How can the range be maximized?
Range depends upon the environment, but below are some guidelines:
- 12 floors in building penetration
- 250,000 sq. ft. in a warehouse or retail store
- 3,000 acres on a farm or ranch
The range can maximized by:
- Mounting the terminal base antenna as high as possible and away from obstacles.
- An external base antenna can be used to provide coverage outside or to get above obstacles.
- The optimal performance, tall handset antenna will provide about 20% more coverage than the low profile, stubby antenna.
- If using an external antenna, be sure the antenna is mounted high and away from other antennas and obstacles. Be sure any remaining coaxial cable is un-coiled and laid flat in large 6 - 8 foot loops.
What is the battery life?
DuraFon 1X battery life:
Talk-time: 6 hours
Stand-by time: 50 hours
Lifetime cycles: 400 (about 1 year)
Battery time is based on distance between the two transmission / reception devices and will vary greatly.
Use of the tall fixed antenna may reduce the amount of power required to make or receive a transmission.
|DuraFon 1X Handset Specifications|
|Electrical Specs||Base Unit||Portable Handset|
|Frequency||902 - 928 MHz||902 - 928 MHz|
|RF Power||Peak: 708 mW
Average: 76 mW
|Peak: 708 mW
Average: 76 mW
|Channel Spacing||200 kHz||200 kHz|
|Number of Channels||128||128|
|Multiple Access||Freq. Hopping TDMA||Freq. Hopping TDMA|
|Freq. Hopping Rate||100 per second||100 per second|
|TDMA Frame Length||10 ms||10 ms|
|Number of Slots / Frames||4||4|
|Reciever Sensitivity||< -108 dBm (@ BER 10-2)||< -108 dBm (@ BER 10-2)|
|Antenna Connector||Reverse TNC||Non-standard|
|Antenna Gain||2 dBi Standard Rubber Duc Antenna
3 dBi Enternal Antenna Option
|2 dBi Tall Hanset Antenna
0.5 dBi Low Profile Anntenna
|TX Power Control Range||N/A||100- 708 mW|
|Telephone Interface||RJ11 x 2||N/A|
|Speech Coding||8 kbps G.729A||8 kbps G.729A|
|Channel Coding||8 kbps Convolutional + CRC||8 kbps Convolutional + CRC|
|Transmission Data Rate||170.678 kbps||176.678 kbps|
|User Data Rate||128 kbps duplex||128 kbps duplex|
|Duplex||Time Division Duplex (TDD)||Time Division Duplex (TDD)|
|Voice Quality||TIA / EIA -470B||TIA / EIA -470B|
|Number of System ID||65,536||65,536|
|Ring Signal||20-50 Hz, 12-90 Vrms||N/A|
|Flash Time||100 - 900 ms Programmable||N/A|
|Power Source||120V/12V AC/ DC Adapter||3.6V, 1700 mAh Li-Ion Battery|
|Charger Current||N/A||600 mA|
|Charge Time||N/A||4 Hours (from empty)|
|RegulationCompliance||FCC Part 15, Part 68
CAN/DOC RSS210, CS03
|FCC Part 15, Part 68
CAN/DOC RSS210, CS03
Hearing Aid Compatible
|Operating Temperature||-10 - 60o C (14 - 140o F)||-10 - 60o C (14 - 140o F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10 - 70o C (14 - 158o F)||-10 - 70o C (14 - 158o F)|
|Humidity||20 - 75%||20 - 75%|
|Dimension without Antenna||188 x 161 x 42 mm
7.4" x 6.3" x 1.7"
|188 x 161 x 42 mm
7.4" x 6.3" x 1.7"
|Weight||15 Ounces (424g)||6.17 Ounces (175g)|
Applications in Depth
Self Storage: The DuraFon 1X allows a facility manager to tour and maintain the grounds while manning the main office at the same time. This helps them to provide superior customer service and ensure the property runs at peak efficiency.
Hotel/Motel: 1X Systems allow hospitality staff to have immediate access to one another from anywhere within the hotel/motel property resulting in improved guest satisfaction and business efficiency.
Ranches an Farms: DuraFon 1X offers superior coverage for most every user that requires mobility within a large outdoor environment. Cut costs from Cell Phone usage and/or 2-way radio with the 1X you can cover up to 3000 acres of outdoor property.
Estate Homes: Traditional cordless telephones can’t offer the coverage that the 1X will provide. Offering complete coverage both indoor and outdoor and throughout the neighborhood.
Download the EnGenius DuraFon 1X Single Line Phone System Datasheet (PDF).